FAISALABAD, (APP – UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News – 20th Aug, 2026) Joint teams of Faisalabad Development Authority (FDA) and Municipal Corporation, accompanied by Assistant Commissioner (AC) City and PERA Force, have removed encroachments from the streets and markets of Gulberg-C.
An FDA spokesman said here on Thursday that during operation, several permanent and illegal structures platforms, ramps, iron grills, sheds and vehicle garages established on streets, markets and public passageways were removed with the help of heavy machinery.
He said that the local administration had already issued notices to the encroachers, directing them to voluntarily remove all illegal structures and obstructions.
However, despite the stipulated deadline, the violators failed to comply, following which the joint operation was carried out in accordance with the directions of the district administration.
He said that encroachments established on public passageways were removed without discrimination and all obstructions were completely cleared to restore the original width of the streets.
He said that on the directions of FDA Director General Muhammad Asif Choudhary, the FDA team participated in the operation under the supervision of Director State Management Junaid Hassan Manj and led by Estate Officer Faran Hashmi.
The team included Assistant Estate Officer Aslam Gujjar, Anti-Encroachment Inspector Aslam Ansari and other relevant staff.
Similarly, the Municipal Corporation team completed the anti-encroachment operation under the supervision of Deputy Chief Officer Azmat Firdous, accompanied by Anti-Encroachment Inspector Akram Shehzad and vacation/removal staff.
In accordance with the directions of the divisional and district administration and the policy of FDA Director General Muhammad Asif Choudhary, operations against encroachments will continue indiscriminately.
The citizens have also been advised to refrain from carrying out any construction or placing goods on government land, streets, footpaths and public passageways in a manner that obstructs public movement.
He said that the affected areas would be continuously monitored after the removal of encroachments to prevent the re-establishment of illegal structures.
Legal action will be taken against those who attempt to re-establish encroachments, while immediate action will also be ensured on complaints received from citizens regarding encroachments, he added.
Meanwhile, FDA Director General Muhammad Asif Chaudhary made it clear that providing citizens with clean, spacious and safe public passageways, along with ensuring the beauty and orderly development of the city, remains among the top priorities.
For this purpose, all relevant departments will continue coordinated operations against encroachments through mutual coordination and an integrated strategy, he added.


